Current Accounts are opened for Co-operative Institutions, Individuals and other firms/Company (known to the Bank or) properly introduced. However, an individual person desiring to open a Current Account Shall furnish two Passport size Photographs, ID proof, address proof and Permanent Account Number or General Index Number as per the guidelines issued by the Income Tax authority
In the case of accounts to be opened in the names of Co-operative and other Institutions, the resolution of the Board of Management of the concerned institution, for opening an account and the officials authorized to operate on the account, together with the Rules and Bye-laws governing such institution’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, as the case may be and all other necessary information required by the Bank should be furnished at the time of opening the account.
- Nomination facility is available on applications.
- No interest will be paid in this account.
- Joint accounts can be opened.
No account will be opened for a sum less than Rs.1,000/- and the amount of minimum balance to be maintained is Rs.1,000/-.
- Account opening forms, specimen signature cards, pay-in-sips, pass books are supplied free of charges.
- 50 leaves cheques are free in a financial year. Above 50 leaves – Rs.2/- per leaf will be charged.